Welcome to Chicago Senior Living Advisors
For more information, contact Andrea:
1497 W Shire Cir
Inverness, IL 60067
- Assisted Living
- Retirement Communities
- Nursing Homes
- Senior Living
- Geriatric Care Management
Choosing living arrangements for aging parents, family members, or friends is a process that must be executed with care and compassion - often in a crisis situation!
At Andrea Donovan Senior Living Advisors, we call ourselves senior housing consultants. In reality, we're senior crisis problem solvers. We deal with clients who need all levels of care including independent living, assisted living, skilled nursing, and even those with behavioral issues, mental illness, alzheimer's, or dementia. We work with clients of all income levels, whether they pay privately or need the support of Medicaid.
We've toured and analyzed over 400 retirement communities, assisted living communities, and nursing homes in the Chicago metro area. Our evaluations include cost and methods of payment, level of care, quality of care, location, staffing, and other quality of life factors such as food and housekeeping. We’ve also collected copies of activity and transportation schedules, plus copies of floor plans. We can also accommodate language and religious preferences.
In addition to our senior housing placement services, we also offer geriatric care management services to assist the senior who remains at home or permanently resides in a long term care community.
Geriatric Care Management is a service that assists seniors and their families with identifying supportive services that allow the senior loved one to function according to the best of his/her ability. A Geriatric Care Manager who has earned certification conferred upon him/her by the National Association of Certified Care Managers will visit with the senior and perform a Multi-Dimensional Functional Screening and Assessment. A series of screenings may be performed with the senior to assess his/her physical and mental capabilities, safety of the current environment, formal (paid) and informal (unpaid) support systems. The Care Manager then formulates a comprehensive service plan and presents the recommendations for services that need to be implemented. The following are examples of some of the services we might recommend for our clients:
- We may oversee the well-being of a senior whose family lives locally or out of state.
- The Care Manager may identify the need for implementing a non-medical home care agency, formulate questions and interview the perspective caregivers.
- Our services may include reading the senior’s mail, paying bills, and resolving any payment problems.
- We may attend appointments with physicians, follow up on emergency visits to the hospital, and advocate for the senior.
- We can attend care plan meetings while the senior is participating in Medicare certified rehabilitation or living in a long term care community on a permanent basis.
- Our Care Managers will navigate the complicated Medicare system and act as a liason with long term care insurance companies.
All of our services are available in Cook, Du Page, Will, Kane, and Lake Counties of Illinois.
SINCE WE'VE DONE THE LEGWORK FOR YOU, WE GET YOU STRAIGHT TO THE ANSWER TO YOUR SENIOR HOUSING PROBLEM IN A FRACTION OF THE TIME IT WOULD TAKE YOU TO DO IT. Our fees are flexible and we will design a consultation according to your budget.
Unlike other Chicago senior housing advising services, we are not compensated by any of the communities included in our presentations. Instead, we work closely with you and your family to truly find the best fit for your loved one.
(847) 934-5303 email@example.com