Home Care Consultation
You or a senior loved one may prefer to receive assistance with activities of daily living (bathing, dressing, transferring, walking, eating, toileting), running errands, grocery shopping, transportation to medical appointments, laundry, and light housekeeping in your own home rather than moving to a community. There are licensed, non-medical home care agencies that will send a private caregiver to provide assistance in the home. There are other types of caregiving arrangements available, such as an unlicensed, independent contractor. However, a licensed home care agency will act as the employer and assume the responsibilities of its caregivers or employees. We can assist you with screening the appropriate non-medical home care agencies in the Chicago metropolitan area and ultimately choose the best caregiver by:
- Conducting an assessment of needs with you and/or your loved one at the home.
- Providing the names of three non-medical home care agencies who have the appropriate experience and longevity in the business to meet the needs of the individual.
- Set up the interviews with the agency.
- We attend and conduct the interviews by working through a list of questions that will highlight each agency's strengths, weaknesses, and differences.
- After the agency is chosen, we will review the contracts with you and clarify questions.
- We will provide follow up calls to assure you are satisfied with the care.
A thorough screening for the appropriate agency needs be conducted as there may be differences in what is within the scope of their business. For instance, the definition of what constitutes "light housekeeping", does differ from agency to agency. The calculation of the bottom line costs can also be tricky. We are here to help you find the best non-medical home care agencies in the areas of Cook, Du Page, Will, and Lake County, Illinois.
Contact Andrea to discuss Home Health Care:
Andrea Donovan Senior Living Advisors
1497 Shire Circle
Inverness, IL 60067
(708) 415-2934 (cell)